Location: Washington, D.C.
Department: Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: active TS/SCI with CI Poly
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is in search of a talented Decision Scientist with extensive Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) experience.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities Description:
- Employs mathematics, statics, information science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, network science, probability modeling, data mining, data engineering, data warehousing, data compression, data protection, and/or other scientific techniques to correlate complex, technical findings into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products on trends of existing intelligence data to leverage other IC data sources
- Develops and utilizes machine learning and data mining algorithms, including, but not limited to prediction algorithms based on open source capabilities
- Integrates or codes algorithms to support Government intelligence search and discovery missions
- Makes effective practice recommendations on managing data within hardware, software, storage, and bandwidth constraints
- Employs data science techniques to support predictive analysis, social media and crowd-source data analytics, war gaming, and strategy development
- Employs exploratory analysis and rapid iteration techniques of large volumes of data to quickly derive intelligence
- Prepares products to describe and document findings and activities
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or master's degree with 4-6 years of relevant subject matter experience, or, specialized training & 4-8 years' subject matter experience, or, equivalent intelligence/academic experience
- TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Understand and improve the judgment and decision making of individuals, groups, and organizations. Apply principles of psychology to business, analytic and other decision-making processes to improve and/or empirically evaluate those processes
- Assisting in policy planning; work flow procedures testing and evaluation, analytic workflow redesign, training and development
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.