Location: Bolling AFB (DIAC), Washington, DC
Department: Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: active TS/SCI with CI Poly
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is in search of a talented Mathematician/Statistician with extensive Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) experience.
- Develop and apply fundamental mathematics, mathematical or statistical theory to collect, organize, interpret and summarize numerical data to generate usable information to solve a wide range of intelligence problems.
- Apply mathematical theories and statistical methods to solve practical problems.
- Develops mathematical or statistical models of phenomena for analysis or computational simulation.
- Design complex metrics-projects that apply valid scientific techniques and use information obtained from baselines or historical data to structure analyses.
- Plan and perform data collection for projects, determining types/sizes of sample groups and prepares
- data for processing by organizing information and checking for inaccuracies.
- Process large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis (metrics).
- Develop computer code to automate the collecting and processing of data. Produces results of analyses in graphs, charts, tables, and metrics.
- Prepare products to describe and document findings and activities.
- B.S./M.S. in mathematics, statistics. operations research, or engineering.
- Prior course work or research experience in some of these areas: linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, algorithms/data structures, graph theory, probability theory, and/or machine learning.
- Quantitative modeling, simulation, and consulting.
- Statistical packages.
- Programming languages, such as Python or R;
- Version control
- Software development.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or master's degree with 8+ years of subject matter experience, or, specialized training & 10+ years' experience, or, equivalent intelligence/academic experience. Credentialed subject matter expert or recognized specialist in relevant field
- TS/SCI with CI Poly
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.