Sr. MS Systems Administrator (Tier 3)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Senior Level
Security Clearance Level: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a Sr. Microsoft (MS) Systems Administrator with experience producing in a federal government project environment.
This individual will be a part of a team responsible for completing project tasks as assigned by the manager. In addition, they will provide operational and business support services to carry out program objectives as well as provide support for a varying number of Health IT services, including innovative Health IT solutions, health informatics, emerging Health IT research, and other IT services. Lastly but not limited to, this individual will assist the manager in determining schedules, in reviewing deliverables, and in participating in project reviews.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serve as Sr. Systems Administrator providing senior level Tier 3 administration support services.
- Analyze, validate, implement, maintain, and configure current services and tools (examples include Active Directory (AD), CommVault, System Center Operations Manager, VMWare, Quest Active Roles Server (ARS), Dell Quest maintenance tools) to minimize negative
- impacts to performance and scalability
- Work with other organizations and MTFs to coordinate operations and support of directory services across the enterprise
- Sustain and provide advanced enterprise-level support for Active Directory services and functions as well as document technical solutions as required
- Utilize available tools, such as Quest Suite of Tools, to manage schema extensions, sites and services, domains and trusts, Group Policy Objects (GPO) administration and Organizational Unit (OU) administration
- Support and maintain Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) architecture to provide authentication, synchronization, user provisioning, and authorization services for AD user accounts
- Support installation and maintenance of physical and virtual servers
- Enhance efficiency of critical systems, and ensure compliancy with applicable federal government (DoD) and industry guidelines and policies
- Develop, validate, and document Disaster Recovery (DR) procedures for all supported device types within the enterprise
- Produce/update checklists, guides and/or standard operating procedures for enterprise monitoring and preventative maintenance
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- (5+) Five years of relevant hands-on experience providing MS Systems Administration
- MCSA or MCSE Microsoft Certifications. (Note: Some retired Microsoft certifications may still be considered for this opportunity)
- The selected candidate must currently hold or be willing to obtain the appropriate required certification(s) in order to perform specific tasks, if requested. (Note: Required certification(s) would be supplied by employer if not already actively held)
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.