Location: Washington, DC
Department: Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Ability to obtain an Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is in search of a talented Analytic Methodologist with extensive Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) experience.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities Description:
- Demonstrated work, research or educational experience in a field relevant to intelligence analysis; for example, international affairs, economic analysis, military science and capabilities, human factors, industrial analysis, spatial analytics, big data analysis, operational planning, war gaming/exercise planning and facilitation, etc.
- Extensive and relevant experience with research methods and data analysis; including a demonstrated understanding of evidence-based behavioral/social science analytic methods, including the understanding of structured analytic techniques, probability theory, decision analysis, statistical and data analysis, signal detection theory, game theory, operations research, qualitative analysis, etc.
- Strong verbal presentation and writing skills, including the demonstrated ability to write clear and concise textual products
- Ability to contribute as part of a team in a collaborative work environment
- Frequently works with ambiguous information, deconstructs key questions, suggests/applies methodologies, develops data schema to structured observations, and supports visualization of applicable data
- Identifies and evaluates a wide range of existing methods, models, and algorithms to develop more accurate, complete, objective and anticipatory analysis for intelligence production
- Teams with substantive experts and data scientists to develop and prototype new methodological processes and tools, applying innovative approaches to streamline research and gain new insights from diverse, large datasets
- Categorizes, retrieves, manipulates, relates, and/or exploits structured data sets from all available sources
- Employs the use of scripts, visual analytic modeling tools, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for repeatable, widely applicable procedures
- Combines empirical or quantitative methods with data analysis for intelligence production of complex and data-driven assessments
- Crafts written products, together with briefings and discussions, as directed on results of research, findings, evaluations, recommendations and processes in a concise and an easy-to-understand fashion
- Collaborates with team members to ensure collective efforts are progressing according to the customer’s satisfaction
Background – Educational Requirements:
B.S./M.S. degree relevant to one-or-more disciplines relevant to all-source intelligence analysis: statistics, mathematics, econometrics, GIS/remote sensing, operations research, behavioral and social sciences, computer or mathematical programming, demography, survey research, design, analysis, gaming and modeling etc.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.