Senior Software Developer
Location: Vienna, VA
Department: Department of Veterans Affairs
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Ability to obtain a Tier 2 MBI
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a talented Senior Software Developer with extensive government experience.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software
- Maintain responsibility for activities that range from software design, coding, unit testing, and orchestration
- Participate as an active member of the scrum team, providing input to team velocity and sprint ceremonies, planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
- Experience with back-end development experience and program extraction, transformation, standardization, aggregation and mining of data for the repository, including coding web interfaces using SOAP/XML, REST and others
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in CS or Engineering +5 years developing using agile in a professional environment working as a contractor for the US government
- 5+ years of experience with JAVA, recent experience with Java 9/10 (Hibernate, Spring Boot,
- Prior experience with providing advice, analysis, and recommendations including service-oriented architecture (SOA), database models, and data standards
- Previous experience working with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and knowledge of the Office of Information & Technology (OI&T)
- Background in health informatics and knowledge of the Health Care Efficiency (HCE) Initiative
- Experience with Linux, Windows, data modeling, and stored procedure development
- Experience with middle tier technologies Tomcat
- Knowledge of IBM Rational Team Concert, Rational DOORS Next Generation, Rational Quality Manager, Serena Dimensions, and MS Project Server
- Certified Scrum Master, Project Management Professional, Cisco UCS Server
- Physical Requirements: Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to listen and speak clearly on the telephone
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.