SCCM OSD Specialist
Location: San Antonio, TX
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Security Clearance Level: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Operating System Deployment (OSD) Specialist with experience producing in a federal government project environment.
This individual will be a part of a team responsible for completing project tasks as assigned by the manager. They will provide operational and business support services to carry out program objectives. In addition, they will also provide a wide range of Health IT services, including innovative Health IT solutions, health informatics, emerging Health IT research, and other IT services. Lastly but not limited to, they will provide assistance to the manager in determining schedules, in reviewing deliverables, and in participating in project reviews.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a SCCM OSD Specialist providing mid-senior level technical support and Tier 3 administration support services
- Create desktop and server images utilizing technologies such as BDD, MDT, WDS, WinPE, WAIK, and PXE
- Create, implement, and deploy images for enterprise workstations and servers; develop and document processes to deploy zero-touch images (ZTI) for an enterprise environment utilizing SCCM OSD
- Maintain and update imaging documentation
- Assist with migrating user files and settings using migration tools, such as USMT
- Create custom OSD Task Sequences utilizing Microsoft scripting technologies and components, such as PowerShell, VBScript, WMI, .NET and XML for captured images
- Assess and validate non-standard hardware / software, to include new enterprise SCCM OSD related products, to ensure operability in the enterprise
- Provide a report on results as well as provide enterprise administrators with current drivers for assigned hardware within the OSD process
- Ensure appropriate drivers are used for assigned hardware
- Add, distribute and install images
- Provide senior level technical support for troubleshooting of OSD related issues
- Modify the SCCM configuration and Server Management System (SMS_DEF.MOF) to collect information from the registry and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) repository
- Analyze SCCM log files and the current enterprise configuration
- Troubleshoot and help remediate sites experiencing SCCM issues
- Provide patch management support and maintenance window operations
- Validate deployment plans for compliance within existing performance limitations of the enterprise servers’ software
- Provide a status report before and after updates and remediation actions are executed
- Create, update, deploy, troubleshoot, and remove objects in the SCCM environment, sites, distribution points (DPs), and clients based on provided guidelines
- Create, update, and delete dynamic and static collections and reports for installation, modification, and removal of applications
- Create custom test environments to provide proof of concept before implementing into production.
- Maintain disaster recovery capability and procedures for the SCCM environment
- Maintain and update daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly checklists for enterprise configuration management and preventative maintenance
- Send notification to customers and groups prior to and after implemented requests or modifications
- Thoroughly evaluate, validate, and deploy application packages and validation cases
- Document and provide evaluation results as well as ensure packages provide detailed logs
- Work with site administrators to troubleshoot package deployments, removals, and modifications as required
- Create desktop and server images utilizing technologies such as; Business Desktop Deployment (BDD), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Windows Pre-installation Environment (WinPE), Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK), and Pre-Boot Execution Environment (PXE)
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- (5+) Five years of relevant hands-on experience providing SCCM OSD technical administration support (preferably as a Tier 3 level support).
- MCSA or MCSE Microsoft Certifications. (Note: Some retired Microsoft certifications may still be considered for this opportunity)
- The selected candidate must currently hold or be willing to obtain the appropriate required certification(s) in order to perform specific tasks, if requested. (Note: Required certification(s) would be supplied by employer if not already actively held)
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.