MS Systems Administrator (Tier 2)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Security Clearance Level: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a Microsoft (MS) Systems Administrator with experience producing in a federal government project environment.
This individual will be a part of a team responsible for completing project tasks as assigned by the manager. In addition, they will provide operational and business support services to carry out program objectives. Lastly but not limited to, this individual will also provide a wide range of Health IT services, including innovative Health IT solutions, health informatics, emerging Health IT research, and other IT services.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a MS Systems Administrator providing mid-senior level Tier 2 administration support services.
- Provide Tier 2 support (Continuous Operations) 24x7 operations mission by maintaining and troubleshoot enterprise level products and services, including hardware (servers and end-user devices) firmware, and software.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve issues involving server patches and configurations, software issues, and scheduled maintenance events.
- Utilize Information Assurance tools to validate proper installation and function of deployed security patches and solutions.
- Modify, create and configure Active Directory (AD) User Accounts; recover and restore AD objects.
- Support mobile computing and end user devices to include resetting and configuring devices. Identify and troubleshoot SCCM issues related to patches and servers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve DAR issues.
- Perform administrative tasks on Enterprise server and end-user clients, extend scheduled lockout condition, initiate data recovery operations and unlock machines as required. Install, administer, and perform password management for Enterprise software.
- Resolve issues and remotely access government equipment as required.
- Escalate to Enterprise Operations (Tier 3) if unable to resolve an issue.
- Provide the de-escalation path back to the MTF or lower tier.
- Monitor enterprise assets via SCOM, WhatsUpGold, Quest Suite of Tools, and other related applications.
- Ensure core services are maintained at normal production levels with no unplanned service interruptions.
- Create and distribute SITREPs, After Action Reports (AAR), Information Papers and EXSUM documents for critical service outages and/or unplanned interruptions.
- Document and update incident(s) (via Remedy) with information relevant to the incident and/or outage.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- (2+) Two years of relevant hands-on experience providing MS Systems Administration.
- MCSA or MCSE Microsoft Certifications. (Note: Some retired Microsoft certifications may still be considered for this opportunity.)
- The selected candidate must currently hold or be willing to obtain the appropriate required certification(s) in order to perform specific tasks, if requested. (Note: Required certification(s) would be supplied by employer if not already actively held.)
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.