Location: San Antonio, TX
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Security Clearance Level: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) with experience producing in a federal government project environment.
This individual will be a part of a team responsible for completing project tasks as assigned by the manager. They will provide operational and business support services to carry out program objectives. In addition, they will also provide a wide range of Health IT services, including innovative Health IT solutions, health informatics, emerging Health IT research, and other IT services.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Oracle DBA providing mid-senior level Tier 3 administration support services
- Plan, implement, and monitor patching services for physical and virtual solutions
- Analyze and optimize the operational environment
- Sustain capacity and performance requirements, consolidate and tune databases for optimal efficiency
- Maintain systems and platforms at 99% availability (outside of scheduled downtime)
- Ensure data integrity by conducting daily, weekly, and monthly checklists, monitor logs, space checks, audit reports, and backups
- Maintain and update the database architecture, including upgrading and installing database software
- Provide recommendations on planned hardware OS and configuration upgrades/modifications on database servers to protect and verify data and database services are not impacted
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability along with startup and shutdown as required
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication, failover, and the restoration and recovery of corrupt databases
- Perform database backups on a routine basis, validate backups and periodically test media integrity.
- Periodically restore databases to test restoration procedures
- Validate Configuration Management Database (CMDB) deployment plans for compliance with existing performance limitations
- Provide a status report before and after remediation actions are executed
- Monitor and maintain security configuration settings and system modifications to ensure compliance with IAVA mitigation actions, STIG guidance; implement protocols and controls to secure sensitive personally identifiable information and personal health information (PII/PHI)
- Maintain security documentation and compliance
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- (2+) Two years of relevant hands-on experience providing Oracle DBA support
- MCSE (Data Platform/ Business Intelligence) Certification(s)
- SQL, Oracle DBA, OCA/OCP Certification(s)
- The selected candidate must currently hold or be willing to obtain the appropriate required certification(s) in order to perform specific tasks, if requested. (Note: Required certification(s) would be supplied by employer if not already actively held)
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.