Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a Business Analyst (BA) to join our talented, dynamic team.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Business analysis activities include requirements development, decomposition, and analysis. The Business Analyst will primarily work with the QA and development team to review project plans, requirements, design documents, and delivered software to ensure client expectations are satisfied by the system. This position requires extensive collaboration with project managers, software architects, software developers, quality assurance testers, and program stakeholders throughout the development process. This position also requires strong technical writing skills and experience with resource planning and project planning.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Supporting project execution by coordinating Requirements Gathering and IT Quality Assurance
- Promoting effective knowledge management practices by documenting internal policies and procedures to be in line with VA policies
- Assisting FTC’s project manager and VA-CPAC IT leadership in special short-term projects and efforts that require some administrative duties and business analysis
- Fulfilling certain product owner responsibilities in as much as being the key liaison between the CPAC business and the application team.
- Be the primary caretaker of the application team’s Backlog and Sprints in Team Foundation Server
- Coordinate Quality Assurance efforts for application development and system administrative efforts by using VA-supplied templates and coordinating with various CPAC IT teams, stakeholders and CPAC IT leadership in order to create test and evaluation plans, traceability matrices, test cases, User Acceptance Test user communications, and testing summary reports detailing the findings and test conclusions
- Work directly with stakeholders to gather and negotiate requirements for software development
- Facilitate the removal of roadblocks to development encountered by the application team
- Triage support tickets and determine if providing support requires involvement of a developer
- An ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, distinguish requests from the underlying true needs, and take the findings and decisions from all the above and communicate them in writing, using concise, natural language
- Experience creating, applying and maintaining tools to track program, project, or task data and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and understanding of when to use narrative and graphic communication methods to convey the right information to the right audience
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users, team members, managers, and subject matter experts
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and aggressively track to project timelines
- Working knowledge of both the theoretical and practical aspects of project management, prior experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and application testing a plus
- Some experience with development of tests such as unit and end-to-end using test automation frameworks including Microsoft Unit Test, Karma, and Protractor
Required Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, or other liberal arts field
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Certification in Agile methodology strongly preferred
- Proficiency with current Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with version control systems such as TFS VC or git
- Experience with SharePoint lists and libraries
- Ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers
- Strong team skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.