Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is in search of a talented UX Designer with extensive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) experience.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Evaluating existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Measuring the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Using online tools, such as screen readers to determine effectiveness of media
- Conducting user testing of applications, software and websites
- Creating and implementing interaction models, user flows, and user interface specifications
- Communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other members of the team
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes and specifications of best practices to share with design team as new projects begin
Required Minimum Qualification
- BS Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or similar
- Excellent IT and programming skills
- 5-6+ years in Engineering or User Experience Design
- Interest in constantly keeping up-to-date of latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux
- Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals
- Artistic eye for design and the ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience using IBM InfoSphere DataStage
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.