Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a talented Business Analyst.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Analyze Program and Project level requests
- Align Program and Project level changes to appropriate systems
- Assist and drive the scoping out of user stories based on related business needs
- Share and support operational concepts with federal partners and related contractors
- Assess change impacts and support technical and quality assurance requirements and standards
- Develop and/or update PMO related documents and management plans
- Provide rapid responsiveness to changing requirements for personnel in all aspects of program management.
- Recognize Government objectives as its own objectives, partnering in the pursuit of excellence in program management.
- Lead ongoing implementation of the communication mechanisms that guide the program investments and strategies.
- Collaborate and communicate seamlessly across multiple system and business owners, support contractors, functional subject matter experts (SME) and agency officials.
- Provide leadership for functions related to strategic alignment activities for QPP program initiatives.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge and understanding of MACRA 101 and the Quality Payment Program to effectively engage across Program Areas and Workstream teams.
- Assist Program Areas in completing program management-related tasks.
- Efficiently execute assigned tasks while minimizing burden on Program Area and Workstream resources.
- Support the PMO in preparing responses to frequent high level oversight entity (e.g. Government Accountability Office, Congress) audits and inquiries with supporting documentation to include congressional testimony.
- Understand Agile methodologies and know how to work across Program Areas utilizing different approaches to Program and Project management and execution – including Agile.
- Monitor QPP PMO projects through all prescribed life cycle phases in accordance with project management best practices and existing standards as prescribed by CMS, which may vary.
- Identify constraints, develop meaningful program project plans and related documents, such as work breakdown structures (as appropriate), schedules, and project management plans, as well as identify and manage project issues, action items and risks.
- Analyze program issues related to risks, status, change management, and scope.
- Conduct a risk analysis and create a proposed mitigation strategy to be approved by business owners and stakeholders.
- Prepare briefings and create reports (i.e. dashboards) to be used at meetings with stakeholders/sponsors at various levels within and outside the QPP PMO and the Agency.
- Document interim lessons learned, on an as needed basis, for preparation of a final lessons learned paper at program close-out.
- Identify interfaces with other CMS initiatives as appropriate to facilitate proper coordination and communication from an Agency-wide perspective. In some cases, multiple organizations will be involved and close coordination between organizations will be necessary.
- Develop and distribute agendas, pre-meeting materials, and post-meeting electronic meeting notes for all regularly scheduled and ad hoc QPP PMO facilitated meetings. Notes shall document the major points of discussion, specify critical action steps, outstanding issues, follow-up activities, decisions, risks, etc. and be distributed to attendees and any CMS-approved distribution list.
- Thoroughly describe the program management approach in a Program Management Plan (PMP). The PMP shall document the actions necessary to define, prepare, integrate and coordinate the various planning activities. The PMP, created at the beginning of the contract, shall define how the project will be executed, monitored and controlled, and closed. It shall provide progressively elaborated updates throughout the course of the program. The PMP shall also be a communication vehicle for ensuring key stakeholders share an understanding of the program. The PMP shall be completed per the deliverable schedule and updated as needed.
- Provide program related deliverables tailored to the tasks and instructions given by the Group Task Leader (GTL) or Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Provide Kick-Off Meeting briefings, meeting notes and action items.
- Establish and maintain CMS and CMS contractor communication channels and regular information dissemination via the agile project management tools from the Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence etc.) software suite, SharePoint, email blasts, newsletters, progress updates and all-hands forums.
- Export data from other software applications into Atlassian software applications when applicable.
- Engage and coordinate with other entities, including but not limited to the QPP Contract and Budget IPT, QPP Coordination Center (QCC), QPP Systems Integrator IT PMO and other PM offices.
- Develop and prepare briefing documents and visual representations of high-level task/requirements as necessary to present data in a useful and informative way to Department and CMS Senior Executives and internal QPP Team members.
- Conduct necessary research, prepare materials, and/or provide internal presentations on the progress of tasks/requirements to CMS staff/leadership.
- Assist in providing technical support for presentations and collecting feedback on presentation material.
- Facilitate retrospective meetings and complete meeting minutes.
- Prepare meeting schedules, agendas, and content material.
- Enter Program Plan and metadata into JIRA/Structure
- Maintain and update the existing JIRA PMO structure
- Align Program Plan with Program Area Roadmaps
- Map Roadmap Features/Releases to Program Plan
- Perform Gap Analysis and Resolve Gaps
- Review QPP Milestone Tracker Data
- Enter Non-Duplicate QPP Milestone Tracker Data
- Import QPP Milestone Tracker into JIRA
- Align QPP Milestone Tracker Data with Program Plan and/or Program Area Roadmaps
- Review Existing Program Area Roadmap Downward Relationships
- Resolve Supporting Data for the Program Area Roadmaps
Required Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in leading requirements capture, management and analysis activities, including conducting user interviews, leading and facilitating JAD sessions, and developing business process models and formal specifications
- Thorough understanding of healthcare terminology
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to integrate information from multiple sources to execute effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Experience with healthcare policy, enrollment and coordination of benefits
- Effectively demonstrate a working knowledge of business operations, decision and intelligence systems concepts, and database structures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be a team player, and be well organized and efficient with excellent judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experience working in an Agile and/or CMMI SDLC
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with release management tools such as DOORS, MKS, QC, SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence
- Windsor Mill, Maryland, United States
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to
obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background
investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug
testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.