Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a talented Senior System Engineer with extensive Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining, and improving the IA security posture and documentation and associated Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) process
- Review policies, guidelines, and directives identified by senior team member in support of development of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) plans
- Support Configuration Management (CM) roles and responsibilities, including testing of patches and updates prior to implementation, establishing checklists and testing procedures, developing test criteria, etc.
- Review and analyze existing systems, identify and understand technical requirements as part of strategic development, implementation, and support
- Contribute to research and analysis and translate security policy and requirements to define best methods and practices
- Provide technical guidance on implementation of security mechanisms and controls
- Participate in development and review of System Security Documentation, including System Security Plans (SSP), IA policies, Personnel Security, Disaster Recovery, Incident Responses, Authentication Management plan
- Participate in systems analysis, systems development, and information technology program management
- Participate in the preparation of project briefings and reports
- Help create Information Assurance documentation for the lifecycle of Information Systems
Required Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated expertise with CMS XLC Lifecycle
- 7+ years progressively increasing experience in software development
- 3+ years experience managing applications and related deployment processes. Preferred specific experience with Mavan/Archiva, Subversion, and GitHub.
- 3+ years experience in Cloud environment with application virtualization
- 2+ years experience in Agile delivery environment
- 1+ years experience with DevOps and continuous integration with exposure to tools such as Jenkins and Archiva
- Knowledge and expeience of Configuration Management as it relates to application environment configuration. Peferred experience with utilization of industry standard tool such as Chef.
- In-depth understanding of industry standards for data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands on experience with SQL and development of stored procedures.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to
obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background
investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug
testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.