Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a talented Migration Manager with extensive Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Participate in system design planning, review, and implementation working groups
- Participate in providing technology assessments in support of automation and technology migration initiatives
- Recommend improvements; maintain/monitor production and non-production systems to ensure infrastructure is migrated effectively and operates efficiently in its target environment
- Provide support of our applications including escalation and system performance of production platforms
- Perform systems analysis and tuning to ensure optimal operating systems response for multi-user applications
- Implement/maintain IT security guidelines
- Use innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to migration, performance, scalability, reliability, and availability
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures
- Write knowledge base documents to improve operations, SOP and contribute to IT organization
- Work directly with customers and system owners to determine soft dependencies, identify best methods of migration and understand system configuration and requirements
Required Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area
- Demonstrated expertise with CMS XLC Lifecycle
- Experience operating virtualization in a government data center, operating government systems in the cloud, migrating applications from data centers to cloud, or planning and executing similar scale and technology programs
- Experience with migration tools and processes, large scale VMware migration, or similar large cloud effort
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to
obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background
investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug
testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.