Favor TechConsulting (FTC) is in search of a talented Technical Writer to support the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Descriptions & Responsibilities
- Provide technical and analytical support
- Coordinate with multiple sources to collect and consolidate documentation needed to develop executive and program-level briefings
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or extensive experience writing software documentation.
- Veteran Administration (VA) experience
- 4 years of communication experience facilitating meetings and presentations and writing project documentation
- Experience supporting a program with multiple projects at least 3 at one time
- Familiar with Veteran-focused Integrated Process (VIP)
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Rational Tools Suite
- Proven ability to research, write, edit and produce technical reports
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.