Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is in search of a talented Developer with extensive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) experience.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities Description
- Perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software for distinct product software integration and technical service lines of businesses.
- Maintain responsibility for activities that range from software design, coding, unit testing, building and operating architecture framework and orchestration and integration to customized Jrules computer system.
- Participate as an active member of the scrum team, perform tasks in sprints adhering to work in process limits, including providing input to team velocity and sprint ceremonies, planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
- Apply knowledge of one or more systems and one or more platforms and programming languages, including Java, J2EE, Jboss, Jrules, programming interfaces in weblogic, coding to extract data from disparate data sources
- Support the process from back-end developers to code and program extraction, transformation, standardization, aggregation and mining of data for the repository, including coding web interfaces using SOAP/XML, REST and others
- Experience in development using rules-engine model, to build and deploy middleware business service applications from code to test and production environments
Background – Educational Requirements
- BA or BS degree in CS or Engineering +5 years developing using agile in a professional environment working as a contractor for the US government
- 2+ years of experience with programming in Java, J2EE, and PLSQL, JMS experience, J2E design patterns, jQuery, spring, hibernate
- Experience with UNIX and Windows
- Experience with data modeling and stored procedure development
- Development experience in PIT database; or similar complexity using the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)
- Experience development in an agile environment, following scrum and scaled agile (SAFE)
- At least one certification or equivalent experience performing in XP programming and high performing teams
- Experience in Db2, SQL Server 2012, Data Stage Designer and WebSphere Business Event Processor, SSRS,
- Experience using JRules BRMS IBM Operational Decision Manager
- Experience developing using WebSphere ILOG, using rules based systems, JBoss, Weblogic, Tomcat
- Experience with web-service development, in SOAP/XML, REST, JSON, WSDL,
- Past experience working with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA),
- Experience with providing advice, analysis, and recommendations including service-oriented architecture (SOA), database models, data standards,
- Knowledge of the Office of Information & Technology (OI&T)
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.