Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is in search of a talented Senior Developer with extensive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) experience.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities Description
- Perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software for distinct product software integration and technical service lines of businesses.
- Maintain responsibility for activities that range from software design, coding, unit testing, building and operating architecture framework and orchestration and integration to customized Jrules computer system.
- Participate as an active member of the scrum team, perform tasks in sprints adhering to work in process limits, including providing input to team velocity and sprint ceremonies, planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
- Apply knowledge of one or more systems and one or more platforms and programming languages, including Java, J2EE, Jboss, Jrules, programming interfaces in weblogic, coding to extract data from disparate data sources
- Support the process from back-end developers to code and program extraction, transformation, standardization, aggregation and mining of data for the repository, including coding web interfaces using SOAP/XML, REST and others
- Experience in development using rules-engine model, to build and deploy middleware business service applications from code to test and production environments
Background – Educational Requirements
- 5+ years of experience with JAVA and jRules software development supporting ETL teams
- 2+ years of experience with programming in Java, J2EE, and PLSQL, JMS experience, J2E design patterns, jQuery, spring, hybernate
- 1+ years of experience with programming or configuring an IBM Business Rules Management system, including ILOG or JRules
- Experience with UNIX and Windows
- Experience with data modeling and stored procedure development
- Experience with middle tier technologies, including BEA Tuxedo, Feith Tomcat, Oracle J2EE Portal, and Oracle Application Server
- Knowledge of IBM Rational Team Concert, Rational DOORS Next Generation, Rational Quality Manager, Serena Dimensions, and MS Project Server
- BA or BS degree in CS or Engineering +5 years developing using agile in a professional environment working as a contractor for the US government
- Development experience in PIT database; or similar complexity using the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)
- Experience development in an agile environment, following scrum and scaled agile (SAFE)
- At least one certification or equivalent experience performing in XP programming and high performing teams
- Experience in Db2, SQL Server 2012, Data Stage Designer and WebSphere Business Event Processor, SSRS,
- Experience using JRules BRMS IBM Operational Decision Manager
- Experience developing using WebSphere ILOG, using rules based systems, JBoss, Weblogic, Tomcat
- Experience with web-service development, in SOAP/XML, REST, JSON, WSDL,
- Past experience working with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA),
- Experience with providing advice, analysis, and recommendations including service-oriented architecture (SOA), database models, data standards,
- Understanding of VA NSOC, 6500 security, privacy, technology infrastructure, enterprise architecture model performance measures, and capacity outcome evaluation
- Knowledge of the Office of Information & Technology (OI&T),
- Expertise and past experience with Service Delivery and Engineering (SDE), Infrastructure Operations (IO) office
- Experience working Business Office Purchased Care (CBOPC) Program Integrity Tools (PIT)
- Background in health informatics and knowledge of the Health Care Efficiency (HCE) Initiative
- Knowledge of Fee Basis Claims Servers (FBCS) and the VHA Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW).
- Understanding of the Repository at Purchased Care
- Knowledge of Civilian Health and Medical Program Veterans Administration (CHAMPVA and-Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) claims
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.