Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is in search of a talented Database Administrator.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintain structure, tables, access to and efficient operation of one or more large or complex databases in use for systems or applications in current use by clients, business units, developers, or corporate offices
- Confer with application development staff or project management staff regarding project planning, resource allocation, task definitions and schedules for substantial projects involving database(s)
- Manage the environment in which a database functions by testing or restoring data, code builds, capacity planning, and assessing systems interfaces
- Develop and document database models, data dictionaries, data flow diagrams for use by developers or database users
- Confer on troubleshooting problems of database(s) in production. Assess root causes for bug or production problem, or provide technical input to developers
- Use specific software utilities and tools to tune, troubleshoot, or refine database(s) and make their operation more efficient
Required Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
- 4+ years of Oracle and/or one other database administration discipline
- 4+ years of shell scripting experience
- Provide database end to end support, shell scripting, performance and tuning, SQL script creation and tuning
- Support application releases to modify database objects, database creation, and data migration
- Review SQL queries and database design for performance
- Manage all database objects in a large mission critical system
- Adhere to corporate database security procedures. Work with application teams closely to implement the standard and best practice
- Occasional off hours and weekend support required
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.