Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a Java Developer
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain high-quality software products supporting Department of Defense (DoD) standards and infrastructure, using Microsoft SQL and integrated system components.
- Support and comply with documented software process and procedure requirements spanning all phases of software product lifecycle.
- Translate detailed designs into executable software.
- Design and deliver web service-driven Business Intelligence (BI) tool reports and analytics.
- Participate in meetings with team members and clients/stakeholders to design user-friendly interfaces; develop high-quality, object-oriented business objects; and conducting research and evaluation of software-related technologies and products.
- Produce software documentation and update existing documentation to include detailed software design documents and unit/composite test cases based upon stakeholder requirements and use cases.
- Collaborate with and mentor other team members, and assisting with code reviews.
- Manage tasks, time and priorities in accordance with aggressive development deadlines, client expectations, and quality/delivery models including Agile Scrum, SDLC, and CMMI Development Level 3 best practices.
- Collaborate with the team to proactively assess and validate solution efficiency and integrity against defined performance criteria.
- Perform unit and integration testing on work items in line with Scrum cycles.
- Work with Program Management and other team members to proactively assess and validate solution efficiency and integrity against defined performance criteria.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- A deep understanding and working knowledge of Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE), JavaServer Pages (JSP), Java Servlets, Java classes, web application architecture (WAR), Web Service Definition Language (WSDL), Extensible Markup Language (XML), tag libraries, static web pages (HTML and related files) and other resources that together constitute a web application
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2012 R2. Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience is a plus
- Expert experience in the design, manipulation and build of standards-compliant Web Services (SOAP & RESTful)
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation to include but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug, testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information. Favor TechConsulting is an E-Verify Participant.