Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a talented Analytic Tradecraft Specialist with extensive Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) experience.
This position supports the evaluation of the use of structured analytic techniques and advanced analytic methods within existing workflows. Analytic Tradecraft Specialists leverage understanding of the nine analytic tradecraft standards in ICD 203 to recommend practical improvements to analysts’ processes. As part of a wholistic process-improvement, Analytic Tradecraft Specialists brief and coach leadership to implement new practices and workflows in order to ensure achievement of standards.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Document and analyze how analysts and their organizations use structured techniques and methods to improve their analysis and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of various methods
- Develop mature, actionable recommendations for practical improvements based on shortfalls; apply understanding of unique environment and common issues to formulate guidance for incremental improvement in integrating tradecraft standards into the current workflow without suggesting major changes of new technology
- Review change recommendations from data scientists and software developers to ensure tradecraft transparency throughout the new workflow
- Recommend changes in workflow based on Stochastic Processes and model generated output to incorporate and improve the use of validated structured techniques and advanced analytic methods where consistent with organizational requirements
- Support leaders in understanding and incorporating new workflow analytic practices and analytic tradecraft standard outcomes; assist in updating training to reflect new workflows and practices.
- Monitor and document legacy and modernized workflows’ effectiveness in implementing analytic concepts underpinning the tradecraft standards
- Identify new workflow portions where analysts continue to struggle with analytic process meant to implement tradecraft standards
- Keep leadership apprised of progress, lessons learned, and new training requirements
- Routinely share successes and lessons learned with peers to improve effectiveness
Required Minimum Qualification:
- Credentialed subject matter expert or recognized specialist in relevant field.
- B.S/M.S. degree and 8 years of experience OR specialized training and 10 years of experience.
- Demonstrated work, research or educational experience in a field relevant to tradecraft methodology and/or intelligence analysis; for example, international affairs, economic analysis, military science and capabilities, human factors, industrial analysis, spatial analytics, stochastic processes, operational planning, war gaming/exercise planning and facilitation, etc.
- Successful workflow analysis, process improvement, and organizational change management in a military and intelligence environment
- Familiarity with ICD 203 and applying tradecraft standards recommendations
- Strong verbal presentation and writing skills, including the demonstrated ability to write clear and concise textual products
- Ability to contribute as part of a cross-discipline team in a collaborative work environment
- Clear leadership skills to direct efforts when working with dynamic, diverse groups
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability,veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.