Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a talented Financial Analyst with extensive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) experience.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst will be responsible tracking and reporting financial data for software development project at the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). Specific tasks include:
- Develop and maintain the annual Budget Operating Plan for VA Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) programs and projects
- Identify planned versus actual status of programmatic funding and acquisitions
- Coordinate with budget subject matter experts, budget analysts, and stakeholders to track, update, and report on financial performance and process CRs, unfunded requirements (UFRs), sustainment funding requests, carryover requests, etc.
- Identify risk areas and create narrative, graphic, and oral status reports
- Support data calls and other reporting requirements (e.g., provide a status report of acquisitions and planned date of obligation late in a fiscal year)
- Assist the VA project manager with submitting formal Change Requests (CRs) through the established OI&T CR process from initiation to approval.
- Monitor Development, Modernization and Enhancement (DME) and sustainment funding in all areas of the program
- Support Quarterly Budget Reviews and Budget Deep Dives
- Review planning budget, review execution budget, ands plans for obligation
- Update and pull data the Budget Tracking Tool (BTT); convert BTT into reporting needs
- Support Veteran-Focused Intake Process (VIP) documentation preparation, tracking and reporting. Provide financial components required for completion of VIP documentation (e.g. Acquisition & Financial Management Plan and QUAD charts).
- Provide financial components required for VIP approval and reporting processes including Critical Decision (CD) briefings, build cost projections for VIP dashboard entries and actual build cost tracking for submission to USASPENDING.gov website via VIP dashboard XML transmissions.
- Assist VA project managers with the development of high quality responses to internal and external information requests
- Translate technical information from disparate sources into executive-level communications
- Adhere to standard operating procedures for program activities and identify process improvements
- Facilitate meetings with VA employees and capture meeting minutes
- Work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Function as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information across the portfolio
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Prior experience working on a VA OI&T development project is mandatory
- VIP, Rational Tools, and BTT experience highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Experience working with the following software products: Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft® Office Suite, i.e. Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook/Access/MS® Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, IBM Rational Tool Suite, InfoPath, Skype, WebEx, WinZip
- Experience working in a consulting environment and understanding of client/customer relations
- Work under pressure, coordinate multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Experience producing quality, visually interesting communications products for public consumption
- Bachelor degree required; Business Discipline
- 5 years relevant work experience
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to
obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background
investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug
testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.